Friday 20 May 2011

While I am alive.

Woke from a dream,
where I stood by a stream
where the sun turned dull
and its heat lull,
and everything big and small
none but appall'.
Where nature's beauty
left as I felt sleepy,
and this dream took over,
so i stood sober
well shaken
realising everything was taken
wondering 'why?'
I never took a breather just to sigh
to take a pause
just to repose.
So i woke this morning
not in mourning,
but in appreciation
for the current situation,
happy for the sting
that the sun does bring
knowing all is a God-given chance
to take a stance
for one last glance
to know what i'll be missing
when everything is gone missing
to live 
and let live
be 
and let be
and to set free
that i might be
somewhat, somehow hopefully
set free
to be
never in misery
So here I stand cheerfully
knowing definitely
that i must live and live fully
like each day is the first
of the rest
So I woke this morning
not in mourning
but in appreciation
for the current situation
that now i must realize 
and recognize
the truth from the lies
and to synchronize 
and sensitize
in acquiescence 
my very essence
to get a clearer sense
of the truth that I must live
not in hatred  and in regret but in love
all the while I am alive.

1 comment: