Wednesday 11 May 2011

Lesson Learnt

A touch of inexperience and ineptitude leaves your opinions one-sided and myopic  along with your expectations and anticipations but a little touch from the other side leaves you illuminated and aware, something we all need, awareness.
When you're aware of all the possibilities, your actions become more calculated and you're better responsible for you and your actions, and when things go wrong you respond better having made accounts and counted the cost...the pain doesn't surprise you. 
This lesson took time to learn but it was worthwhile, I mean we can't anticipate all the changes that are bound to happen up and along the road, very much like sitting in a roller-coaster blindfolded; an unending fluctuation of ups and downs, a metaphor for the vicissitudes of life; just a winding road of unanticipated changes. I have learnt that the best you can do on each ride is to resign yourself to enjoying it but I guess it's just a lot easier to enjoy when before stepping onto the ride you're well aware of the possibilities.
About two years ago, being as naive as I was I stepped onto a ride and the end result caught me unawares, shocked, wounded and damn near depressed, I learnt a valuable lesson that though love is sweet and blissful and my opinion was not all false, love also offers another flavour; one less likely to be spoken of. So I learnt and my journey to awareness began...
So I wrote a piece for how I hit my learning curve(where it all started), comical in its elements yet true of its feeling..aaaahhh just kidding this is for laughs enjoy.

Lesson Learnt.
Listening to Lemar
Has got me thinking about the one that got away
It’s funny how she left me with a scar
And now she’s a friend to stay.
I find funnier how songs can do that to you
And their words are so so true
They leave you all so blue
And stuck in your room to rue
It’s official I hate love songs!!!
And the emotions they stir along
Or am I just too sentimental?
Crapp!!!! This shit is driving me mental!!!
NO Lemar!!! There is not much justice in the world!!
So stop searching for any truth in a word.
No, I didn’t meet her first, it’s true
But what we felt was true
Though we had no clue
That we’d both end up feeling blue
One for a different reason than the other
All I wanted was to be her lover
But she just couldn’t leave the other.
Now I fear I may never feel the same for another.
This morning I caught cupid fly by
Trying to do a drive-by
I shot that son-of-a-bitch right out of the sky.
It was with his own arrow too
Just so he’d know how it feels to be a number 2.
That naked brat does not know the troubles he does incur
With those arrows that strong emotions do stir.
I guess he’s never tasted love
To know its bitter-sweet after taste
First you’re floating like a dove
And then bam!!! Next like a dried up date
And if you didn’t know, that’s a fruit
Please, don’t hate
Oh charley allow my horn to toot.
I guess it was sweet when first we did kiss
A moment sad to say I don’t really miss
In the beginning we both thought it was romantic,
Then got to frantic,
Then things that are normally small become gigantic
And we find ourselves sinking like the titanic
True, I stole those words from Talib Kweli
But guess what?? He ain’t no Mohammed Ali.
You see it’s sweet in the beginning and then bitter
When her words finally leave you slapped sober,
Or she dies and leaves you, both ways it’s over.
Every gain with its loss, and every silver with its dross
Love comes and goes
But it’s bitter-sweet when it does.
Lesson learnt.




1 comment: